Deaf & Hard of Hearing Working Group
Want to help empower deaf and hard of hearing individuals? Join our effort!
Read our Charter
- Create pathways for deaf/hoh individuals into cloud native and open source.
- Empower deaf/hoh to become more visible members within the cloud native community.
- Encourage and educate employers to hire deaf/hoh employees.
- Build a deaf/hoh in tech community to network, learn from, and support each other.
Benefits for deaf/hoh individuals:
- Inclusion: Become an active cloud native and open source community member.
- Career Growth: Grow your network of hearing and deaf/hoh peers and learn about professional opportunities.
- Networking: Connect with a supportive deaf/hoh tech community.
- Inspiration: Meet deaf/hoh role models.
- Educational Resources: Learn about tools to enhance your tech skills.
- Visibility: Find out about and get support for speaking or other public opportunities.
Benefits for the hearing community:
- Diversity and Inclusion: Learn how to be more diverse and inclusive, enriching the community with different perspectives and talents.
- Expanded Talent Pool: Access to a broader talent pool, including skilled deaf/hoh individuals.
- Innovation: Diverse participation fosters innovation and creativity.
- Education: Enhanced awareness and understanding of deaf/hoh needs and accommodations.
- Role Models: Deaf/hoh role models can inspire and motivate others in the community.
- Networking: Building connections and collaboration with the deaf/hoh in tech community.
- Greater Representation: Increased representation benefits the overall community’s visibility and reputation.
You may find resources of our working group here.
How you can contribute
We are happy to see that you are interested in helping with this working group. We would love to:
- have you introduce yourself on our mailing list or in our Slack channel.
- see you participate in our meetings where you can contribute ideas and take on responsibilities.
- gather your feedback about our guides and documentation.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.